App | 中文 |

HOME >> NEWS >> TOP NEWS

Latest developments in epidemic control on March 28 (1)

Updated: Mar 28,2020 08:16    Xinhua

BEIJING — Here are the latest developments on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in China:

— Shanghai has demanded all arrivals from overseas to undergo concentrated quarantine starting from March 27 in a bid to contain the spread of novel coronavirus.

Travelers from overseas are subject to a 14-day quarantine in designated places, according to the information office of the Shanghai municipal government.

— The Ministry of Education on March 27 launched an online job fair exclusively for graduates from the once hard-hit Hubei province and from universities in the province.

So far, a total of 210,000 jobs from 12,000 companies have been opened for application.

— Trip.com Group, China's largest online travel agency, has donated more than 1 million facial masks to over 10 countries to support their fight against the COVID-19 outbreak, the company said on March 27.

Countries including Italy, Japan, the Republic of Serbia, the Republic of Korea, Germany, France, Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada and Australia will each receive some 100,000 surgical facial masks, according to Trip.com.

— Wuhan, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, has had its coronavirus risk evaluation downgraded from "high risk" to "medium risk" on March 27.

The coronavirus risk evaluation for five districts of Xinzhou, Huangpi, Jiangxia, Caidian and Dongxihu in Wuhan have been further lowered to "low risk," said Liu Dongru, deputy head of the provincial health commission, who declared the transmission of the coronavirus epidemic in the main battlefield in Wuhan has been "basically blocked."

Six metro lines in Wuhan will resume operation starting from March 28, a new sign that life is gradually returning to normal in the hardest-hit city.

— Chinese health authority said on March 27 it received reports of 55 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on March 26, of which 54 were imported.

A new domestic case was reported in Zhejiang province, the National Health Commission said.

— Wuhan continued to report no new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on March 26.

The health commission of Hubei, of which Wuhan is the capital, said on March 27 the province also registered zero increase in new COVID-19 cases on March 26. Five new deaths were recorded, four of which were in Wuhan.

— Profits of China's major industrial firms dropped 38.3 percent year-on-year in the first two months of 2020, as the outbreak deals a huge blow to industrial production, data from the National Bureau of Statistics showed on March 27.

— China's civil aviation regulator issued a circular on March 26 to further cut international flights as part of efforts to stem the inflow of COVID-19 cases.

All domestic airlines were allowed to operate only one flight to each country per week, while foreign aviation companies should keep only one air route to China and there should be no more than one flight every week for each of the air route to China, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) said in a circular that will be effective from March 29.

— South China's Guangdong province has demanded all arrivals from overseas to undergo concentrated quarantine and nucleic acid testing (NAT) starting from 6:00 am on March 27 in a bid to contain the spread of novel coronavirus.

— Commercial flights will resume operations in Wuhan starting on April 8, excluding international flights and those between Wuhan and Beijing, Wang Benju, with the provincial department of transportation, told a press conference on March 25.

— China has provided assistance to 89 countries and four international organizations to fight against the novel coronavirus, according to the China International Development Cooperation Agency.

VIDEOS

VIDEOS

SERVICES

CONTACT THE PREMIER

Mobile