App | 中文 |

HOME >> STATE COUNCIL >> MINISTRIES

Chinese mainland reports 5 new confirmed COVID-19 cases

Updated: Jul 03,2020 09:08 AM    Xinhua

BEIJING — Chinese health authority said on July 3 that it received reports of five newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on July 2, of which two were domestically transmitted.

The two domestically transmitted cases were reported in Beijing, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.

No deaths related to the disease were reported on July 2, according to the commission.

On July 2, 12 people were discharged from hospitals after recovery, and one new suspected case was reported on the mainland.

As of July 2, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,542, including 409 patients who were still being treated, with eight in severe conditions.

Altogether 78,499 people had been discharged after recovery and 4,634 people had died of the disease, the commission said.

Three new imported cases — one in Liaoning province, one in Shanghai and another in Yunnan province, were reported on July 2, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,923. Of the cases, 1,854 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 69 remained hospitalized, with no one in severe condition. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.

The commission said six people, including one from overseas, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.

According to the commission, 5,589 close contacts were still under medical observation after 453 people were discharged from medical observation on July 2.

Also on July 2, four new asymptomatic cases were reported on the mainland and no asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed ones.

The commission said 97 asymptomatic cases, including 59 from abroad, were still under medical observation.

By July 2, 1,242 confirmed cases including seven deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 46 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 448 in Taiwan including seven deaths.

A total of 1,120 patients in the Hong Kong SAR, 45 in the Macao SAR, and 438 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.

VIDEOS

VIDEOS

SERVICES

CONTACT THE PREMIER

Mobile