App | 中文 |

HOME >> NEWS >> TOP NEWS

Latest developments in epidemic control on March 28 (2)

Updated: Mar 28,2020 19:34    Xinhua

BEIJING — Here are the latest developments on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in China:

— Chinese health authority said on March 28 it received reports of 54 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on March 27, all of which were imported. Three deaths and 29 new suspected cases were reported on the mainland, with all the deaths in Wuhan, Hubei province.

— The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 81,394 by the end of March 27, including 3,128 patients who were still being treated, 74,971 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 3,295 people who died of the disease.

— Twenty provincial-level regions on the Chinese mainland had reported no new domestic COVID-19 cases for more than 28 days by the end of March 27.

— Wuhan continued to report no new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on March 27.

The health commission of Hubei, of which Wuhan is the capital, said on March 28 the province also registered zero increase in new COVID-19 cases on March 27.

— Hubei had removed all 1,450 highway checkpoints, except 51 others in Wuhan, to lift outbound traffic curbs as of March 27.

— Domestic passenger flights will, starting from March 29, resume operations in Hubei except Wuhan, with cargo flights restoring operations in all airports across the province, according to the Civil Aviation Administration of China.

— Beijing reported one new confirmed case of COVID-19 from the United States over the past 12 hours by the noon of March 28, and three imported cases on March 27, bringing the total number of imported cases in the national capital to 157.

— Shanghai reported 17 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 from overseas on March 27, all have been sent to designated hospitals for treatment. A total of 88 close contacts on flights have been put under concentrated medical observation.

VIDEOS

VIDEOS

SERVICES

CONTACT THE PREMIER

Mobile