BEIJING — China’s Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Emergency Management (MEM) have allocated 1.32 billion yuan (about $191.58 million) to 13 provincial-level regions to help them recover from droughts, floods and earthquakes, MEM said on June 28.
Out of the total funds, 1.16 billion yuan will be used for relieving droughts and floods and purchasing relief materials in 12 provincial-level regions, including Inner Mongolia, Jiangsu, Anhui, Fujian, Jiangxi, Shandong, Hubei, Hunan, Guangxi, Chongqing, Guizhou and Yunnan.
The remaining 160 million yuan will be channeled to Sichuan province, which was struck by a 6.0-magnitude earthquake earlier this month.
The earthquake hit Changning county in the city of Yibin at 10:55 pm on June 17, killing 13 people and leaving 220 injured.
The funds will mainly support disaster relief in the quake-hit zones, MEM said.