App | 中文 |

HOME >> NEWS >> TOP NEWS

Latest developments in epidemic control on March 29 (2)

Updated: Mar 29,2020 17:06    Xinhua

BEIJING — Here are the latest developments on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in China:

— Chinese health authority said on March 29 it received reports of 45 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on March 28, 44 of which were imported and one domestic case in Henan province. Five deaths and 28 new suspected cases were reported on the mainland, with all the deaths in Hubei province.

—The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 81,439 by the end of March 28, including 75,448 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 3,300 people who died of the disease.

— Wuhan continued to report no new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on March 28.

The health commission of Hubei, of which Wuhan is the capital, said on March 28 the province also registered zero increase in new COVID-19 cases on March 28.

— Domestic passenger flights resumed operations on March 29 in Hubei except for Wuhan, with cargo flights restoring operations in all airports across the province, according to the Civil Aviation Administration of China.

— Wuhan on March 28 reopened its subway and railway station following more than two months of suspension due to the epidemic.

— A China-Europe freight train carrying medical supplies, among others, left Wujiashan railway container center station in Wuhan at 10 am on March 28, heading for Germany, which marked the service resumption of China-Europe freight trains in the city.

— Hubei had removed all 1,450 highway checkpoints, except 51 others in Wuhan, to lift outbound traffic curbs as of March 27.

VIDEOS

VIDEOS

SERVICES

CONTACT THE PREMIER

Mobile